ZOMG, SLAYED BY LE CUTE.
(Thanks to iurgnotmis for putting me on the trail~)
Cartoons of Death Note characters
1. Braindead – Deathnote, the alternate intro… lols aplenty.
2. I don’t like your girlfriend - Misa, Raito, and mysterious Avril Lavigne wannabe.
3. L gets an idea – L, Ryuk, Raito, masses of panicking people.
4. Death Note the show – ahah. Go fanservice, and snark. All major characters make an appearance.
5. Overdose – L is uh… high?
6. Always Second - musings on Mello and Near.
7. Financially Unwell – The ending is ROFL.
8. Raito’s presentation – The name says it all.
9. Matsuda’s rant – very well thought-out presentation in cartoon form!
10. Valentine’s Day - Matt and Mello talking about The Other Vday.
There’s more, they’re all awesome. Go and check out takeforever at youtube. Enjoy!
That was an odd experience, following it through. I am glad that Konomi has ended it, I am sure the poor man has had many sleepless nights and torments over the series. And I did love it in the beginning. I dropped off towards Nationals, because, hello, obvious signs of insanity + ghost writing.
Nonetheless – it is one heck of a sports epic.
Things to be “Wha-?” about:
Ryoma being all powerful. We get that, we truly do. But some of the stuff is going above and beyond … well, you know. “Child of God” “The Emperor” etc – these epithets save Konomi from having to develop his characters, which makes the Inner Critic weep.
Why make Rikkai evil? Again? I thought the outcome of the Kansai regionals was supposed to make them find a happier road. Of course, I blame all this on Yukimura taking meds. AAAAALLLLLLLL IN THE MEDS, PPL.
That last shot of Inui made him look like an Egyptian mummy come back from 398238642387489 BC to stalk Tezuka.
Golden Pair not winning once, despite… the Golden Pair ness!
WHY DOES RYOMA GO BACK? This ruins so many fics. Also, I thought he found fulfillment in Japan? Not going back would be a recognition of his lessons learned. But noooooooooo, our snarkboy has to go and find other f***wits to challenge. Rock on, moronic self-insert.
Regardless, I love the series, I love its teams, though Kite should run Konomi around the yard until he promises never to have another flashing scene every again.
Good luck in your next venture, Konomi-san.
P.S. I left out some points, because my brain is like Seigaku after Inui juice right now.
P.P.S. Anyone know why I cannot access WordPress from the home com? I need to upload my 19 and 20 recaps, dammit!